Thursday, July 17, 2008

Monday Sewing

I spent too much time on Monday trying to fit an a-line coat on me. I have given up. I think I am too curvy to not have some shaping seams or some kind of darting.
I may try it again, but for now I have given up.

I have started to sew a white cardigan that I cut out for the SWAP back in February. I miscut it and was so frustrated I just put it aside. I was using a pattern for a top, but cut it up the centre for a no-close cardigan. I meant to rotate the gathering at the CF bust area into either an armhole dart or an underbust dart and left it at the CF. It is a fairly substantial knit, so gathering it there would be very bulky. I wasn't sure how to finish the edge. I ended up pleating it and binding the entire edge in satin bias, then applying a decorative elastic over the edge. It looks fine as long as it sits properly. I will add a hook and always need to have it close or else it sags around the bust and any kind of sagging around the bust is out as far as I am concerned.
Also, I found the three Vogue patterns I had misplaced. Of course, now I don't have time for them, but at least I know I didn't throw them out.

No comments: