Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Teal Jacket in the works

I have a thing for teal jackets. They go well with a variety of my dark neutral basic tops and bottoms: black, charcoal, espresso, chocolate, taupe, even sometimes with navy.
I have purchased, but not yet received this fabric from Emma One Sock,
And this one from Fabricmart Fabrics. I hope they work together. I would like to use the crepe to make bands on a Chanel style jacket using Vogue 7975. I will probably make it a V-neck or add a collar though. I don't find a round neckline flattering on me.
I resisted the first one for quite a while because of the poly content and my experience with the pilling of the not-all-wool brown tweed coat. However, upon reading more accurately, I realized that the base is all wool, with synthetic embroidery, which seemed more satisfactory to me. It was $45/yd and I got 1 1/2 yds, but at a roll end discount. This is why I will need to find a coordinate for it.

2 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

I love the color too. It will make a beautiful jacket :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful fabric. I have considered the tweed one on EOS also. You must be a cutting whiz (you are) to get a Chanel type jacket out of 1 1/2 yrs. I'm trying to find a nice silk tweed for a Chanel-esque jacket, also. Sorry about your recent sewing mishaps.

Karen