Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vogue 1098


I realized I hadn't put up pictures of Vogue 1098 yet. The repair on the lining went fine. I like the big oval buttons. Round buttons on a voluminous jacket (on my voluminous body) just didn't seem right.
I made a few changes to the pattern, but no major alterations. I cut it about 3" longer than the pattern. in a straight 16 for the upper chest/shoulder area, increasing to an 18 at the side seam. It is large and I could have done a straight 16. The back has a lovely flow with the extra width.
The sleeve alteration took about 1 1/2" (3/4" each side) from the sleeve at the seam where the centre joins the "cuff" seam, tapering up to nothing at the shoulder curve. It is still quite a large sleeve.

I am now working on the sleeves for the teal tweed jacket. They are cut, onse seam sewn and lined to edge. One has been quilted already. I basted the tweed, machine stitched it and have hand sewn the lining up, so it is ready to set in. I have just begun the quilting on the other sleeve.

I looked at beads for on the trim, but I don't want to decorate it so much that I feel self conscious wearing it.

5 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

WoW....this is beautiful. I love it. Did you lengthen it and did you alter the sleeves? You did a wonderful job and you must have the perfect weather to wear it now :)

Patricia said...

Thanks Ann. I am going to amend the post to answer your questions.
MPR

Ann Made Studio said...

Thank you. I really like the look of the changes you made. I think I'll put this pattern on my
"to buy" list :)

Birgitte said...

That's a beautiful jacket.

Patricia said...

Thank you Birgitte.