Monday, August 11, 2008

July Sewing

I know this is no longer July, but I did finish more in July. We left for holiday the morning of the first of August, so I haven't had a chance to mention them. I hope to have photos soon.
I was able to complete a white cotton pique jacket from Mcalls 5329. http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/40000/itm_img/M5329.jpg
I omitted the empire band and added about 4" to the sleeves instead of the ruffle. I might add the band at some point. Since I have young children, I wanted this to be machine washable. The cut of the collar is good for this, since it is sewn on and not a revere (sp). I also chose not to line it.
While I was doing the mock up I decided to cut it in a lace-ish fabric that had been hanging around. I changes the neckline shape to a smoother "V",didn't sew the darts, added a facing on the top side in the pique and made a quick, no-close cardigan.
I am hoping to get pictures of all these up soon.
ETA: I forgot something: I didn't list those two blue garments I made in July, bringing the total up to eleven!
I admit that the skirt was a UFO but had to be recut, fitted and finished and the top was cut and sewn in July.

So for July:
2 Teal t's
1 Brown print skirt
1 Khaki skirt
2 White cardigans
1 Denim trousers
1 white jacket
1 Blue skirt with cream embroidered edge hemline.
1 Blue tie front top with cream embroidered edge sleeves
That comes to a whopping ELEVEN garments!
I won't be able to do this again though. I hope to get three done for August and doubt if I can.

No comments: