Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Introduction

My name is MaryPat. I live in Southwestern Ontario with my husband and children. I work from home full time as a costume designer/dressmaker. I used to make most of my own clothes, but gave it up some time ago. I gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy and, with a surprising lack of effort, managed to keep most of it. However, I found it hard to want to decorate this big old bod and am just starting to get back into sewing for myself.
Having a sewing job provides me with some great equipment that I never need to put away to have dinner on, but it is hard to come back down to my workshop and get anything started, much less finished.
I plan on taking baby steps with this, so even though my professional work is elaborate and detailed, the stuff for me will not be. Not yet, anyway.

No comments: