Friday, December 18, 2009

Teal Jacket, post 2

I am not liking this.
I have it all stitched and seams pressed. I was looking large in this so I put the side darts in. Still looked large, so I have made the darts even larger. Still not in love with it.
I am going to go the collar or edge trim and go back to the fitting. I don't want to overfit it. I have the sleeves cut and stitched, but not pressed. If I need to take it in any more I might need to change them so they have to wait as well.
The collar pieces are separate from the main body, unlike most shawl collars and they enormous! I will not be cutting them from the correct fabric yet. I want to muslin this separately to see what I will do.

On a more pleasant note: Maisie made me laugh today. She found a piece of black fur in the studio, picked it up and started calling "Blackie? Blackie?" as if it would answer her. Blackie is one of the cat's names. As much as I pretend not to like the cats I would never turn them into fabric!

4 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Yes understand the judgement call about not over fitting. Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paddy,
Thanks for trying this pattern for me! I bought it in the last vogue sale being won over by collar and cuff treatment. Reading your blog has made me actually look at the pattern lines. No side seam... hmmm...
Happy Christmas.
KathrynT

Ann Made Studio said...

"You would never turn them into fabric"...too funny :)
I have a cat that sleeps where I keep my fabric, she "is" part of my stash :)

I hope your jacket works out for you.

kanishk said...

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Work from home India